Latest Stories



She's currently in the midst of rehearsing for the Max Stardust Awards scheduled for January 26.

"I'm not only performing at the show, I'm also anchoring it with Kunal Kohli," Neha Dhupia informs, adding with a smile, "And managing the dual responsibilities quite well."

Her new film Rama Rama Kya Hai Dramaa which released yesterday, strangely without any kind of promotion.

Sidestepping the question of differences with producer, Surendra Bhatia , she says, "I've been busy shooting for PNC's Raat Gayi Baat Gayi and perfecting my moves for the awards nite. My hectic schedule has left me with little time for anything else."

She's also juggling between Mumbai and Candolim, in Goa, where she has bought herself a holiday home. Dhupia who began her journey as a sex symbol with movies like Julie and Sheesha, has shrugged off the tag since.

Her forthcoming releases -Mithya, Maharathi and Raat Gayi Baat Gayi- are economically budgeted niche products and she's confident that a good film will always find an audience.

"Like Ek Chalis ki Last Local," she points out. "I was confident of it even though the trade was sceptical. It opened quietly but quickly picked up through word-of-mouth."

Bad is good
There's one big budget masala movie, Vipul Shah's Singh is Kinng that also toplines Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif.

"For the first time I'm playing a bad girl. The story revolves around a gang from Punjab settled in Australia. If the role is significant to the plot, screen time doesn't really matter at the end of the day," she asserts.

There's plenty happening on the professional life but on the personal front, the buzz is that she's split with her beau, squash champ Ritwick Bhattacharya . Simultaneously, there's also talk of an impending marriage.

"It's ridiculous, the media seems to be knowing more about my life than me," she laughs. "For the present, my focus is on my career."

Categories: ,