Latest Stories

Reports in a section of the press that marriage is on the cards for the most talked-about couple in showbiz, has the habitually calm Saif Ali Khan vocally agitated. Apparently, parents of both the couples have not taken the reports of a shaadi too kindly. Especially agitated are Kareena's parents who feel such a premature announcement can hamper her career, which has taken off in a big way after the spectacular success of Jab We Met. A spot of sincere Saif-speak.

You and Kareena have apparently undergone a secret ‘nikaah’ on Wednesday afternoon.
All I will say is, it's absolutely false. There's been far too much speculation and fabrication about our relationship. It's annoying me. I am sure it's annoying the public as well. Far too much attention is being given to our relationship. This marriage rumor is the giddy limit. Both our families are very upset by these rumors.

So when do you plan to get married?
We'll certainly be getting married. But not for the next 3-4 years. Right now, we both have our individual careers to look out for. Please, allow us to concentrate on our careers. I am especially worried about how such rumors will affect Kareena's career. At this juncture of her career, the last thing she needs is to have people eagerly marrying her off. The fact of the matter is, I'm seriously involved, and yes, the relationship would come to a logical conclusion, namely marriage. But when it does we'll announce it properly.

Your astrologer has been quoted as saying that your nikaah with Kareena did take place on Wednesday.
Pandit Suvashitraj is someone I did consult in the past. He was introduced to me by Ambika Hinduja when I was shooting for Being Cyrus. Out of a flippant curiosity, I asked him questions about my future. I am greatly disturbed by the amount of information he seems to have accumulated about my personal life. Even I am not aware of the nikaah. I spoke to him on Friday morning after the story appeared. He said his words had been twisted. And he flatly denies having made any statement on my marriage plans. I don't think I'll be speaking to him again.

So what were you doing at 12.30 pm on Wednesday when you are supposed to have been getting married?
I was shooting for Kunal Kohli….I have the perfect alibi, ha ha.

Your mom says you didn't inform the family when you got married the first time?
That's true. In a million years, I wouldn't do that to my family again.

Do you think some people are spreading the marriage rumor to actually harm Kareena's career?
I never thought of it that way. I don't think rumors of marriage would damage her career. But getting married definitely would. As long the truth is known, there's no harm done. And the truth is, these marriage rumors are utter rubbish. We aren't married. We aren't living together. Unfortunately, I don't get to see Kareena half as much as I'd like to.

Has your new home being done to accommodate two people?
I think twenty people can live comfortably in my new home. If you mean Kareena, and me I hope we do live together in that house. But that would be in the future. Whenever both of our families and we are ready. But let me make it clear, she’s the woman I want to marry and will marry.

Kareena must be upset by these rumors.
She has every right to be.

Do these rumors make Valentine's Day unpleasant for you two?
Why should they? No, and before you ask I am not telling you our plans. They're very private.