Latest Stories



It’s common knowledge by now that Himesh will be donning Rishi Kapoor’s hat in Satish Kaushik’s remake of Karzzzz . So it’s obvious that he cannot escape comparisons with Rishi Kapoor who portrayed the character of Monty in Subhash Ghai’s Karz .
Ask Himesh if he’s prepared for these comparisons and he retorts, “What comparisons? There’s no question of comparison. I think if I can even come close to one percent of what Rishi Kapoor had done in the original; it will be like winning half the battle. What Rishi Kapoor had done in Karz is legendary. I don’t think I can live up to those expectations. It’s difficult for me to match Rishi Kapoor’s legendary stature”. Not just that! Himesh has also composed for the remake and again his music will be compared to Laxmikant Pyarelal’s unforgettable tracks. “Whether I can match up to Laxmikant Pyarelal’s music or not, is a million dollar question”, says Himesh. “Success of Karzzzz ’ music depends on my hard work. I have already composed few songs. I won’t be able to give background music for this film as I’ll be acting, singing and will be composing for other films too. I am trying to get Pyarelalji on board as he has done the music for the old Karz . So he will be the right person to give background music for Karzzzz ”. And will he maintain the signature tune of Karz in the remake? “It’s an adaptation so there will be a shade of the original tune somewhere”, confesses Himesh. “It will derive inspiration from the original tune. But it won’t be identical to the old Karz .” Which song from the original is his favourite? “I like all songs but Dard-E-Dil is my favourite”. Will he use any other male singer for the film? “No”, exclaims Himesh firmly. “I have sung all the songs because I don’t think any other singer’s voice will suit me. I think I am the only nasal singer in Bollywood.” Himesh is pretty confident about his director Satish Kaushik who is adapting Karz along with renowned script writer Siraj Ahmed. “The story will be different from the original in terms of time. But since it’s a remake the screenplay will be almost the same. The film will have a modern and fresh look“, explains Himesh. Remakes need to be more interesting and catchy in terms of script, screenplay and music as compared to the original movie. What does Himesh think? “There were two remakes made earlier – Devdas and Sholay . But god only knows how Karzzzz will turn out. However I always thought that Karz would be the right film to be remade”. But then Himesh enjoys a special fan-following. Doesn’t that comfort him and make things easier? “I know the fact that I can’t always cash on my fans and popularity. I’ll have to prove myself in field of acting too. I am a music director by nature. Music is in my blood. But now that I have become an actor, I have to prepare myself for films. I am working hard towards everything from acting, dancing to getting that perfect look. I want to win critic’s remarks too. Last time I managed to get good response but this time I doubt. This is a hardcore commercial film”, concludes the composer with a clear conscience.

Categories: , ,