Latest Stories

Sanjay Kapoor got into film production with a film to be written and directed by Anees Bazmee featuring Harman Baweja and Genelia D'Souza. That was a year ago. The project is yet to kick-off.

Reason: after No Entry and Welcome, Bazmee is committed to several projects and can't make time for even a script narration.

Too busy to script this Hindi remake of the Siddharth-Genelia Bommiralu, Telugu starrer Bazmee handed over the writing to Mayur Puri. Puri has been working on the script for months now but Bazmee's too rushed for time to sit with him on the project.

We're told that he recently took Puri with him to Norway where a couple of songs for the film were to be picturised. But even there he couldn't make time for him.

Not a copy
Explaining the situation Bazmee says, "Although it's a remake, I don't want the film to be a frameto-frame copy. Also, apart from a director, I'm also a writer and satisfying a writer-director is always far more difficult. Yes, I agree that I was tied up earlier but I have started collaborating with Mayur. I've given him my inputs and he's re-working the script accordingly ."

It's strange that though the script is not ready Bazmee is filming the songs?

"Since it's a remake we know exactly where the songs come in," the director explains.

The film is still untitled but Bazmee promises that it will be out by the end of the year.

"I've only one schedule left of Singh Is Kingg which toplines Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif. Once I'm through with that film I'll start work on this remake," he asserts.