Latest Stories

Known for his comic roles and having being labeled the No 1 David Dhawan comedy star for almost a decade now, Govinda is all set to break free of his stereotypical image with Mani Ratnam's next film. The actor has been signed for a very important role in the Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai starrer which will go on floors by the end of this year.

Govinda who's currently been nursing his daughter who had undergone a facial surgery, expressed his gratitude for being presented with a new lease to life as an actor. "I had almost disappeared from the scene and was pulled back by my friends like Salman Khan", said the actor in an interview with a news daily.

Confirming his role in Mani Ratnam's film and expressing his happiness over it, he said, "I am actually doing a film with him! Isn't it every actor's dream to work with him? We met recently and heard about my role. It is an interesting and powerful role." (And NO, it's not comic!) "My role will definitely surprise people", added the actor.

Govinda was seen with Ash in Albela and now he is all excited about sharing screen space with junior Bachchan. "I have worked with Aishwarya but not with Abhishek. Whenever I happen to meet them socially, they're very nice to me. In fact I'm a very big fan of Amitji. I worked with him in Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan and now will be working with his son. It's a very happy occasion for me", said the elated star.

So was their any insecurity sharing space with Abhi-Ash who've already worked with the acclaimed director? Well, according to Govinda, "I have seen too much in life to be scared of competition. I feel I should do my part and leave the rest to destiny. Besides, I have a wonderful role and Mani is a really humble and down-to-earth person, just like me."

Seems like the actor is all set to rock Bollywood yet again. And this time there won't be anything funny about it. Apart from Ratnam, the actor is also currently working with Vashu Bhagnani and good ol' friend David Dhawan for Do Knot Disturb. He's also completed working for Jagmohan Mundhra's Excuse Me, Please.