Latest Stories








Akshay Kumar loves to do his own stunts, and loves to do some exciting ones too. That's why his action scenes in Singh Is Kinng is quite over-the-top, as he jumps from one elevator to another, and from a jet ski into a flying helicopter!


The man responsible for these daring stunts is Australian stunt director Danny Baldwin, who is a part of this film.



Danny has worked with Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai and Michael Douglas in The Ghost And The Darkness earlier.


How did you happen to do the stunts for Singh is Kinng?


[Producer] Vipul Shah approached me. I believe they had approached many others too but I was selected. This is my first Indian film.


How has the experience been working with Indian cast and crew?


It was a very unique
experience. I came to India for a few days to shoot. It was my first
visit to India. Indian stars are very talented, unlike Hollywood
actors.

How was it working with Akshay Kumar, and making him do your stunts?



He is very talented. It was
difficult to hold him back from doing stunts. He was excited about all
the stunts. I had stunt doubles for him but he would always want to do
it himself.


What kind of stunts have you directed in this film?


They are hard core, Hollywood kind of stunts. A lot of action can be expected from the film.


Do you follow Bollywood or Indian films?


Though I do not understand the
language, I look up the names on the net and do my research on the
films. I watch the films and try to follow them.


I think there is lot of talent in India. The population is very young and energetic.

How would you describe the action in Singh is Kinng?


It is very snappy and fast. It
will appeal the young crowd of India for sure. Indians are so
influenced by the West that they have started liking Hollywood stunts.
So it has become a necessity to have such over-the-top kind of action
sequences.


What do you think about Indian stunt directors?


I have met a few of them. I
think they are very talented and skilled. The only thing they need is
exposure. They need to lift their standards and spend more time on
exploring different type of action.


So what next?


I would like to direct and
produce a hard core action film. I am thinking of roping Indian stars
in it. It will be an English film with Indian stars too.