Latest Stories

I am not dating Shahid Kapoor!



Vidya Balan in a tête-à-tête during the shooting of Aziz Mirza's film. Vidya was in a fun mood and she replied to all whacky questions.

It seems that you are dating Shahid Kapoor now.

I guess so. I have been also reading several things about my relationship with Shahid Kapoor. I don't know from where do people get this information. I mean that's so untrue and has not a single bit of fact in it.

But there have been stories about you and Shahid romancing at Toronto during the outdoor of Aziz Mirza's film

I must say that the gossip mills are overworking. (Laughs) I think this is sheer imagination on the part of the journalist who wrote that I am dating Shahid Kapoor. I don't think I would ever hide my relationship with my boyfriend. I should be proud of the fact that I am in love with someone.

So, is there nothing between you two?

Are you disappointed?

Yes…

I am so sorry. But that's the truth. And we all know that truth is bitter.

And depressing in this case..

Oh really? Ok, if you say so. (Laughs loudly)

It seems Shahid was shooting with you when he was going through this break-up. It was also reported that you played the role of agony aunt when he was going through his crisis?

If you don't mind, please give me the name and the number of the person who has informed about all this. I mean, this is so filmy and nothing of this happened in reality. I know you will grin again, but then it makes nice masala read for you guys, but of you ask me, it's complete trash!

So you didn't help Shahid in overcoming the 'great depression'?

We were busy shooting non-stop for two months in Toronto. We were so busy shooting that we didn't even have the time to discuss all this. I also think it's too personal to discuss such matters with a co-star. Please give some respect to people and their relationships.

Then why did Shahid come to fetch you at J W Marriot after the press conference of Halla Bol?

What? Who told you this?

We have an eyewitness account.

In that case I have a humble suggestion, please get his eyes corrected. Okay, now let me explain what exactly had happened. I was waiting at the lobby of J W Marriot and my car got stuck in the traffic. So one of the unit members suggested that I take a car and drive down and ask my driver to come ahead. So, I changed the car after coming out from the traffic jam.

(Interestingly, Vidya does not explain why she drove to Shahid's house after the press conference in the 'unit member's' car!)

So you mean to say Shahid Kapoor was not around.

Yes. Thank god you got it. In fact it was his dad Pankajji who was around for the press conference.

So there is no love as such in your life?

Unfortunately no.

But you have been saying this since Parineeta.

Now what, are you going to blame me for not having an affair with someone? (Laughs)

You have been linked with all your co-actors.

From dada (Pradeep Sarkar) to John Abraham. I don't know how come they missed Akshay Kumar, Madhavan, Ritesh Deshmukh, Shiney Ahuja and Fardeen Khan? (Laughs)

So you enjoy these link-up stories?

Give me a better solution! I mean what else can I do?

Who according to you would be an ideal man to date?

I am not answering this because I guess people will somehow link some actor with my choice and the next day I will read some other story. (Laughs)

Categories: ,