Latest Stories

At her film’s premiere last night, even her dad was missing. Here’s why

Main akeli: Neha Uberoi

Sanjay Gupta’s niece Neha Uberoi won’t forget her 23rd birthday in a
hurry. While she was at the premiere of her film last evening (which
coincidentally was also her birthday), her family was conspicuous by
their absence.


Moving on


It seems the fallout between old friends Sanjay Dutt and Sanjay Gupta
has ensured that those associated with Dutt’s newly launched production
house didn’t show up at her latest film’s premiere last night.



The list includes Neha’s father Dharam Oberoi who once worked with
Gupta’s White Feather Films and is now closely associated with Dutt.
“There was no question of attending the premiere even if it was my
daughter’s big day. I have my entire life to devote to her happiness
and career. I regret I couldn’t be there for her. But I’ve moved on. I
wish Mr Gupta all the best in life.”


No complaints


Neha puts up a brave face. “I don’t even want to think about these
things. I just want to concentrate on my premiere night and my career.
As far as Woodstock Villa is concerned, I’ve no complaints. I’m happy
for the unconventional launch. Not that my launch is entire
unconventional.


I’ve four songs in Woodstock Villa. And I’ve
my father and Mr Sanjay Dutt’s expertise in the business to guide me.
So no regrets at all.”


Neha had a early birthday. “I brought
it in with my family and retired early because I knew I had a long
night ahead for my premiere.”


Gups’ gyaan
On why Sanjay Gupta got niece Neha Uberoi’s voice dubbed for Woodstock Villa:

“Neha is my sister’s daughter. Though I’ve fallen out with her father
Dharam Oberoi, she’s being promoted just as strongly as Sikandar. Yes,
her voice has been dubbed. Let me put it this way: when they started,
even Sridevi, Rani Mukerji, Katrina Kaif and Bipasha Basu were dubbed.
I’d say it’s a good-luck charm. I dubbed her voice for good luck.”

Categories: