Latest Stories

Actress caught between her home team and her adopted team for tonight’s match

Preity Zinta is going through the most hectic time of her life. Running from pillar to post "like a mad woman" yesterday, she's keyed up and nervous about the match with the Mumbai team today evening.

"It's an emotional moment for me," she says. "One is a team I've invested in and the other is my home team, as I live in Mumbai. So I feel a bit like Nirupa Roy caught between Amitabh Bachchan and Shashi Kapoor in Deewaar."

For this match the excitement for Preity is manifold. "Not only do I get to see my adopted team fight it out with my home team I also get to see my all-time favourite cricketer Sachin Tendulkar play live for the first time. I'll be watching the game both as a team owner and as a fan."
So is she jittery?
Preity sighs, "All I can say is, I'm looking forward to a great game. I know both the teams will play their best. May the best team win."

Categories: ,