Latest Stories

Why Bhoothnath?

“I and Kuku (Ravi Chopra) are very old friends. He used to often come to me with this ‘ghost’ story but I never showed much interest. At one point I even said no but then the director Vivek Sharma started crying so I took an emotional decision and said yes. It was a very nostalgic experience shooting for the film.”

How similar is your look in the film to Babban (Gabbar of RGV’s Sholay)?

“It has been one and a half years now so please stop asking me about Babban. My look in the film is very dusky. I have worn shabby clothes and put on weight as well. My nails are also very long and ragged.”

Do you believe in ghosts?

“No. I don’t believe in ghosts. I don’t know how he looks so I was not confident but Vivek was so may be has seen a ghost. I only believe in God that’s why I am standing here.”

You have performed some dare devil stunts for the film. How was the experience and will you allow Abhishek to do such stunts?

“When I started off my career performing stunts was very dangerous but now it has become very easy thanks to the use of cranes, wires etc. But I would still not allow Abhishek to carry off such stunts. I am just too possessive about him.”

How difficult is it working with kids?

“It’s a big challenge. Kids are very fast and we have to constantly compete with them. But I have worked with Aman Siddiqui before in many ads and also in Baghban so there was a very good comfort level. He is very committed. At times he was running high fever but he still used to shoot. He is a very bright kid and used to remember lines after just one reading.”

And what about SRK?

“We have done many films together. He is a very dedicated actor and it’s always good working with him. He has a small role in the film but a good one. We had a nice time shooting and used to play games and chat during our free time. I wish he was here for the event.”