Latest Stories

Action king Akshay Kumar is all set to don a new mantle — that of producer.

With the launch of his own production house the superstar’s become the latest entrant to join the actor-turned-producer bandwagon that includes stars like Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Sanjay Dutt and Ajay Devgan. His banner is called Hari Om Productions.
"I think it’s finally time that I took the leap, so I’ve decided to throw myself in the deep end," said Akshay. Adding that he’s quite looking forward to this role, he said, "The past 18 years in the industry have been a great learning experience and I think I have enough knowledge to attempt my own production house. I have proven my mettle as a hard-working and dedicated actor and now I want to channelise the same force in providing world-class cinema in India."


His first project will be helmed by a new director. Talking about encouraging new talent, the actor said, "Even as an actor, I’ve always been open to working with new directors. In fact, some of my biggest hits have been with new directors. So, I think it’s only fair that we give deserving talent a fair chance. It’s my way of giving back something to the industry. After all, I can never forget my days of struggle."

Categories: ,